Saturday, June 2, 2007

2nd June 2007

Spent the day packing and off to the airport early. The plane was due to take off at 9.55pm. Here we were, about to embark on a special tour, my father and I. Dad had been invited by the Chinese Government along with ten other men from different parts of the world. It is something that the Government has been doing over the last few years. Over the years many Chinese have settled in other countries, made successful careers and supported their local Chinese Communites. This was a way for the Chinese Government to show their appreciation of what these expatriates had done. It also showed me that the Chinese tradition of respecting your elders was even practiced by the government.
I don't mind long plane trips, I enjoy watching the movies and even eating airline food. This trip was no exception, I knew I wouldn't get much sleep so I didn't worry about it and just relaxed.

No comments: