Friday, June 15, 2007

Day 13 - Final morning

For breakfast we went back to the same Cantonese restaurant for Yum Cha and then Dad decided he preferred to catch a cab to the airport rather than the Maglev train because he didn't want to have to transfer our luggage around, but I would definitely recommend the Maglev as its so much quicker. Flight was at 12.50pm and we arrived in Hong Kong on time at 3:40pm. We had a 3 and a half hour wait for the flight to Sydney so plenty of time to explore the Terminal shops. As the time got closer I went to get Dad but he had disappeared. I was worried he had already gone to the departure gate so I decided to go there as I had enough time to come back if he wasn't there. It turned out the gate was at the other end of the terminal and I had to catch a train there. Well Dad wasn't there and I ended up running back to the original location because I couldn't get a train back. Got back and still couldn't find him and I was getting worried, when suddenly I saw him returning. He had gone to the loo but was away for a long time. Anyway we made it to the departure gate Ok in the end. Not a great way to end the trip but the flight back was OK. Altogether, a very different type of tour and certainly had a few experiences that I will never have again, but I do look forward to returning to China again. This second trip for some reason made me feel even more that I had found some roots and I have made a vow to learn Mandarin on my return to Sydney so that on my next visit I'll be able to communicate better with the locals.

No comments: