Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Day 11 - Nanjing Road, People's Square

Nothing particular planned today, found a good Cantonese Restaurant for Yum Cha before we decided to have a walk down Nanjing road down to the Bund. Well the original intenetion wasn't to go to the Bund but Dad had to get some cash for our tour the next day and we had to go down that far to find a Bank of China. While Dad was there I went and took some photos around the Bund and river front. Also bought some Chinese movies on DVD in a book shop on nanjing road. After lunch, Dad went back to the hotel and I decided to wander further down Nanjing and walked around People's Square.

I told Dad I was going to see the acrobatics show as he had said that he wasn't interested, but he changed his mind and said we would eat in the local food hall and catch a cab. I was actually planning to go earlier and eat near the theatre and as it turned out that would have been a better plan as it started raining heavily and we weren't able to pick up a cab, so ended up missing out on the show. Oh well, I can see it when I return in a couple of years. Dad returned to the hotel and I decided to go down Nanjing Road to take some night photos. Full of life and neon lights, it was very colourful. The only annoying thing was that I was continually asked if I wanted a massage or a girl or wanted to go to a bar with beautiful girls. I guess thats what happens if you're a single guy walking around. But I wasn't really expecting it in Nanjing Road, it felt more like King's Cross. Didn't stay out too long as it was raining and we had a big day planned for tomorrow.

No comments: